Come inside my world where all I do is read and read lots and lots of romance..............................

Sunday 25 March 2007

Jazz It Up For Me

Hi everyone, well it is 5.24 a.m. here on Sunday morning, the clocks all went forward tonight. So it's officially spring for us then.

I actually need your help with something. I'm looking for some good jazz music. Does anyone have any suggestions??? I'm pretty desperate!

Don't forget to enter my Alison Kent giveaway here, you have about 6 days left to enter,

Slainte, have a great Sunday:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of jazz did you have in mind? Modern jazz, jazz from the 50s/60s, or Big Band stuff from the 30s & 40s? :)

Maria, Lover of All Things Romance said...

Any kind Tori!

Amie Stuart said...

Jazz is one of the few music genres I know little about--is BB King Jazz? or no blues. Sorry hon!

Anonymous said...

Well, for the Big Band era (which I seem to know the most about even though it ended way before I was born *g*) you can't go wrong with Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Jimmy Dorsey (Tommy's brother--they each had their own band), Kay Kyser, Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, or Harry James.

There are a lot more that I like but those are some of the biggest names. :) Technically speaking, they're all swing music. But it's still jazz.

Some of the later jazz musicians are/were Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Dave Brubeck.

Come to think of it, Harry Connick Jr. is a jazz musician. To be honest, jazz covers a REALLY broad range of styles. :)

Henry Mancini is primarily known for movie & TV music scores, but some of his stuff is pretty jazzy. Especially the music from Peter Gunn.

I'll shut up now. I didn't know I had so much to say on the subject. LOL!